Form3 onboarding: "not connected to Internet"?

Setting up my new F3 today, I can’t for the life of me register it to my account.

I’ve tried wired and wireless connections, DHCP and static IP, using different DNS servers, but it won’t connect. It shows the 4 digit registration code for a couple of seconds, then flips to a “you must be connected to the Internet” error. No error codes, just failure to connect.

I grabbed the USB cable and updated the firmware (to 1.4.3) from a PC to see if that would help, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference. Looking at the logs on my router, I don’t see it even trying to connect to anywhere that would suggest it talking to dashboard, can only see broadcast mDNS traffic, and NTP.

For the meantime I can print just fine over USB, throwing my first print job at it seemed like a much more fun idea than worrying about why it’s not working right now.

Has anyone seen this kind of onboarding failure before? Any idea how to resolve it?

S/N is ReliableRabbit.

Hey @qupada!

Sorry to hear you’re having some network connectivity issues! The best way to get this issue resolved quickly is to reach out to our support team here and they’d be happy to lend a hand. :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same issue with my new Form 3. It is perfectly connected to WiFi when I check settings. How to solve this problem?

I was having a similar problem. My Form 3 had only an ethernet cable connection. I took the registration code to the website and tried to manually register, but it would reject the code.

I then tried a different ethernet cable and the problem was gone.