On PreForm, when going to File>Printers and then “Update Firmware”, I get asked “Are you sure you want to update the printer firmware?”
If I choose yes, the printer simply turns off.
It seems to me like something is not right.
Is this how is supposed to be?
By the way, I’m using the latest PreForm 2.19.0
Hey there @Nicolas_Gonzalez_Gar,
Thanks so much for your question! Is there a reason you suspect your Form 1+ firmware isn’t up to date? There haven’t been significant changes in that department in over two years. The latest version was 1.4, If you want to make sure you’re on the most up to date firmware, you can follow the instructions below.
- Unplug the power supply from the back of the printer
- Manually put your Form 1 into DFU mode: Hold down the power button while plugging your Form 1 back into the power supply. When you let go of the power button the OLED screen should remain black. The Form 1 will likely be listed in your device manager as something along the lines of: “Form1 DFU”
- Open PreForm, which should prompt you to update the printer’s firmware. To manually update firmware, select File > Printers, then “Update Firmware”.
- If the download is successful, your Form 1+ may restart. If your Form 1+ does not restart or turn on, unplug the power supply and plug it back in.
- While your printer is off, hold down the power button for a few seconds to check the Firmware number, it should read: 1.4
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any additional questions or concerns!
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.