Build plate sticks to resin tray

Resin tray is still pretty new only 3-4 small prints. Tried to print another print today. About the size of a golf. And on the first layer. It had trouble releasing and finally build plate popped up and it wiped the tray. Looked like it was struggling to release. Aborted print and checked plate. First layer seemed ok. Tried again and same result. Any ideas?

Can you upload a picture of it?
Also a screenshot of the part in the Preform software.

Thsnks

What is the resin? and which tray are you using (Std or LT?)

Im using the standard orange tray.
Added a pic of the parts im trying to print. I have a video of what’s happening not sure if i can upload that. Im going to swap out resin tray today and see if that helps. If not im thinking its the build plate thats the problem

At face value that should work well.

Is the resin Formlabs Grey V4? or are you printing with a third party resin using that profile. If so what is the resin?

Its formlabs grey resin. Dont like to mess around with other stuff. Im hoping that solves it too.

Reading through the threads of the last few days it seems as if you are not on your own and others are having problems with that resin

So since you said that. Wonder is it a issue with the resin. I just got a new cartridge or is it a software problem.

If the software was working before then that leaves only one other variable.

So is there a resolution to this issue? Mine is doing this. Using the grey resin. Very annoying.

Another variable is the motors in the system. Based on the symptom of:

And on the first layer. It had trouble releasing and finally build plate popped up and it wiped the tray. Looked like it was struggling to release

This sounds like it could be a problem with one or more motors. As usual, contacting support to help figure it out is probably a good idea.

As of right now. NO. Formlabs. Basically told me to shell out another $830 and they will send me a used refurbished printer. There sending me a replacement cartridge floor. But i was told by formlabs. That almost never works. So basically i have a $3k. Paperweight. My printer has less than 200 hours on it. And now im supposed to trade it in for a used machine. This will be my last product from formlabs. I was going to get the form 3. But now. I would rather buy a chinese printer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.