'Self-supported'

I’m using latest PreForm and Form2. The problem occurred when I added the support points myself with the same diameter with the rest auto-generated ones. I’m actually not sure if it’s a problem at all, but the structure seems to support itself instead of creating a pillar towards the raft. Is it something I should be worried about?

I think that should be OK to print, and the model might not really need the support there if you’re printing in most resins, but @BenFrantzDale might be interested in having a look at that or chiming in. Please save a version of the .form file like that in case he does!

In terms of printing your part and getting the support to do what you expect, you might try deleting it and re-adding it in slightly different spots to see if that puts it properly on a pillar.

Thanks! I haven’t sent it to print since the printer’s working on something else. I’ve kept the .form file if you need.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.