Resin sensor issues with Black and ESD resins

I’m using Form 3+ and Form 3L printers.
After the most recent firmware update, I have been having some issues with the resin sensors when using Black and ESD resins. Just prior to the new firmware I had run some other prints with Black resin on the 3+ printer and it had run without an issue. I tried the same tank and bottle of Black on 2 different Form 3+ printers. The first one had a resin sensor error. I hit retry about 5 times and then decided to transfer the tank and bottle to another printer. The second one stuck on filling. It errored several times saying the tank was not filling but I could see resin coming from the bottle. It got to the point I was concerned it would over fill, (the mixer was pushing resin to about a half inch below the lip of the tank) so I aborted the print. There does not seem to be an issue with the bite valve and the resin looks to be flowing into the tank. I used Clear resin on both printers and had no issues. The tank is relatively new, less than 6 months old and fewer than 20 prints. I’m not sure how many layers I have done.

I’m also having the resin sensor error on the 3L using ESD resin. This happened about 85 or 90% of the way through a print. The first error said that the tank was not filling, so I checked the bottles and both of them were mostly full and both bite valves were opening correctly. I forced it to retry about 10 times and then the error changed to say that there was a resin level sensor error. I looked at the resin level in the tank and it looked fine so I told it to ignore the error and the print finally finished. The tank is brand new and I manually filled it with 1L of resin before starting the print with 2 full liters installed. I had just finished using Clear resin right before the firmware update and material change. Prior to that I had been running Grey Resin. I have had no problems with them.

Just prior to the new firmware I had run some other prints with Black resin on the 3+ printer and it had run without an issue.

Hi @wolfmannm,

Thank you for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear about the resin sensor-related errors you encountered with your printers. Given that there may be a problem with multiple printers, creating a Support case will be the best way for us to advise more thoroughly. For resin sensor errors in particular, a few initial steps would be to power cycle the printers, ensure the printers are level, and Recalibrate the LevelSense board (for Form 3).

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.