Resin sensor error again and again!

Ive printed with black and grey. No issues after the grounding screws adjustments.

Even after the grounding screw adjustment and pushing down the frame several time?
A missing tank error can also be the contacts on the frame. Maybe they are dirty or bent?

After working with FL support, we have come to the conclusion that I needed to return the printer for a new one. The grounding screws proved to be my only issue. It got to the point that I would torque the screws fairly tight, by hand, and my print would start without a hitch. However, within an hour of my machine printing, the resin sensor error would emerge. From that point on, no matter what I did (adjust the tank counterclockwise, remove the tank and re-tighten the screws, or even let the machine try to resume the print on its own for 24+ hours) the machine would not resume the print, which resulted in multiple failed prints. I’m in a temp controlled office, so I don’t know that the ambient temp is an issue. It just seems there was some reason that the grounding screws wouldn’t stay, well…grounded. Here’s to hoping my new machine works. It should arrive Friday of this week, or possibly early next week. I will try to update if this convo isn’t closed before then.

been printing pretty much non-stop for several days now… since loosening and re-tightening the grounding screws the printer seems to run without issue.

Crossing my fingers it doesn’t re-emerge.

I think they must have had an issue in assembly where the sensor was being over torqued on installation.

1 Like

I just did the re-torquing and the files printing flawlessly… after numerous resin sensor errors

thanks

So after returning my original FORM2, I received my new printer yesterday. I have been printing non-stop without any issues. I have completed two prints, one with three seperate models, and I am currently printing my third print. I guess it’s just the lck of the draw with the sensor errors/machine. I didn’t have to position the tank, tighten screws, or any of that mess. Now that my machine is printing correctly, everything has been flawless. Cheers to formlabs for fixing the situation.

I got Form 2 for Christmas. I’m on the same boat, updated firmware, clean and re-insert tank again and again, restarted many times, frustrating!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.