Repeated Pause Errors during print

I’ve had my form 2 for about a month now. The damn thing prints great. However, depending on the length of the print, i have 10-15 pause print errors due to the resin cartridge missing, or occasionally it says cartridge does not match the tray. The problem is solved by pulling up the cartridge and putting it back in and it starts back up again. it’s not a big deal, but I can’t print anything without watching the machine like a hawk. Any print that runs overnight, pauses, and ultimately leaves lines on the surface where the pause takes place. Any advice?

Get in touch with support. They will help you to troubleshoot the issue.
Perhaps that’s just a cartridge bottom replacement unit. In my case, I had to send back the printer.

CPinto

1 Like

@dcurrington, have you been able to try printing with another cartridge? This will help us narrow down whether you have an issue with this cartridge, or with the cartridge sensor on the printer. If you think the issue is on the printer side, our support team would be happy to help out.

https://support.formlabs.com/hc/en-us

Yes, the problem happens with multiple different cartridges. I’ve replaced the cartridge floor, and I’m still having the issue. I think I may just return the printer. I have 2 and weirdly the older one has never had a problem.

Yeah, I just replaced the cartridge floor. Still same problem. I think I might send it back. Its only a couple months old. Thanks for the advice!

setup the cell notifications. it helps a lot.

I agree annoying AF.

Thanks Shawny,
It failed so many times, this is what it sent via text:

Print “5, 3, 9, 10, 2, 12, 8, and 6 more…” on printer is having many issues, so error notifications have been disabled for the remainder of the print. Visit https://formlabs.com/dashboard/ to track print status.

It doesn’t have anything nice to say, so it won’t say anything at all.

Holy sneikes!!! :joy::rofl::joy:

I had 2 printers replaced because of this issue in a couple of months. They were like 2 months old…
Now I am having tank detection issues with one of the new ones… At least it’s a different error :joy:

CPinto

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.