Prints melting

I have a form3 printer and have had problems with customer requesting compensation due to sunlight on their prints. I have been useing tough 1500 and would be pleased to hear of any way of making the print resilient to heat
David

Hi @horburyd,

For parts that will be exposed to high temperatures for prolonged periods of time, we recommend printing with our High Temp resin. With a heat deflection temperature of 238 °C @ 0.45 MPa, High Temp resin is great for printing detailed, precise parts with very high thermal stability.

That being said, some sunlight on a print should not require high temp resin. In fact, resins such as Grey Pro (77.5°C) and Rigid (88°C) will also perform well under these temperatures. If you’d like more information, feel free to reach out to our sales team! They’ll be happy to take a closer look at your application and recommend the perfect material.

It must be strong sunlight to need high temp resin!

1500 and the soon obsolete Tough V5 both ‘relax’ and twist out of shape when only moderately warm. Good prints become completely unusable if cured in the Form Cure at recommended temperatures. I have abandoned it - nearly returned the Form3 because this was my first resin.

Try either:
The 4K resin: It is stable and holds details at normal temperatures. Has a good surface texture too. (If it suits your application of course.)

Design for print: Things that print in other resins, don’t work with 1500 / Tough V5. Add cross braces and support fillets, make wall thicknesses uniform, and thicker than you would use with the good resins.

Andy

1 Like