PreForm Software Updates Since 3.19, a step backwards

Unless I am missing something every software version (3.22.1 latest one) since 3.19 seems like a step backwards in terms of setting up a print efficiently. I certainly do not want to go through an entire catalog of a all the printers and all the materials that formlabs offers every time I make a print.
For contrast, in the version 3.19, I can quickly select one of the linked devices and one of the common materials that we stock without extra bloat in the way.
I am not apposed to having a full catalog somewhere but not every time I am making a print, it does not seem productive. Hopefully there can be an update that addresses this issue in the future but for now we are going to be sticking to 3.19

3 Likes

What i dontā€™ like is the new layout where you have to select the printer your using. I wouldnā€™t mind it if preform would allow me to set a default printer and resin without having to always find the 3L and select the resin type every time.

If there was a default setting i would be happy.

1 Like

Totally agree - I just want the button to use ā€˜Current printer settingsā€™ back when I choose the printer please!
Big backward step in usability. I only use a few types of resins and have 4 printers, so I just want to pick the right printer, not scroll through a whole list of ones I don;t have and try and remember what versions of each we have.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a fan of the new view either, the most annoying part is scrolling and they really got that one setup in the most irritating way possible :joy: Iā€™m not sure how it works on Windows but on macOS I canā€™t just scroll to the end to set layer hight, no they added a large portion of white space so when I scroll to the end I only see the ā€œJob Nameā€ section.
There is also some strong inertia effect when scrolling that view which makes it even more difficult to use.

To me it looks more like a store front than a settings page.

Why have ā€œRecently usedā€ material when I still have to scroll through all of them anyway?

Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s nice with pictures and all that but it would be a better workflow if we could slim it all down a bit to avoid scrolling and also default to whatever is in the printer at the moment.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.