Preform 3.0, Yet "New" Firmware is Still "Old"

Hey Formlabs,

What gives with dragging out the release of updated UI firmware for the Form2? Its pretty surprising to see Preform 3.0 released and yet the updated firmware released alongside it still hasn’t incorporated the UI changes from the beta that was published months ago. Ironically, now the printer UI looks antiquated compared to the software, whereas the beta firmware UI alongside the new Preform would make the entire solution look and feel consistent.

1 Like

I’m glad you liked the Form 2 UI beta. We got some great feedback about how it could be improved, and folks found a couple of bugs. We’re currently working on those things and we hope to have the new UI ready soon. We’ll let you know when it’s ready. Thanks for asking!

1 Like

It would be appreciated if Formlabs could fix the old “elephants in the room” like Wi-Fi connectivity or the screen lagging instead of improving the printer’s UI which is already good enough for what it is.

1 Like

If they are using the code base from the beta, screen lag and wifi weren’t an issue when I was using it. I’m not sure what the mentioned bugs were, as I didn’t notice them.