Preform Problems

I upgraded my computer and installed Preform to use with my Form2. , Preform will only allow me to choose the Black resin setting??!! No matter how many times I remove and then reinstall I cannot change from the Black resin setting. Please help!!

How are you trying to change the resin? Can you take a screen shot when you are trying to change? Do any messages pop up?

I am sure Frew will get on here and recommend that you open a ticket with support (which is probably a good idea!).

1 Like

I have been summoned! We can try and do a bit of troubleshooting here and if that fails, I’ll make sure to get you in touch with a member of our support team @Sara_Rydberg. My suspicion is that another prompt is open which is preventing you from toggling the settings. If another PreForm prompt is open, that will often take precedent over material selection. Are you on a Mac or PC? On PC, you should see PreForm boot with two windows open. If there’s a third (usually an update prompt) you’ll want to follow the instructions on that window before attempting material selection. If this isn’t the cause, there are a few other things we can try to get this working for you.

No prompts open. I am running a dual boot mac and downloaded the PC Preform driver. This is a new imac and I had to reinstall everything. I was able to run everything with ease on my old imac.
Once I download Preform, the first time the prompt comes up, it has the black resin setting set and I cannot change it. My Form2 is showing that it has the castable resin setting set. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Preform twice but no Bueno!

Hello Hello… Going through a hurricane now… figure its a good time to get this figured out… Did you see my post about no prompts open… Should I get in touch with the support team?? Thanks in advance!!

I hope the hurricane was uneventful for you!

Dual booting may be causing driver issues that could be contributing to this and our support team is going to be best suited to troubleshoot. A member of our team will be reaching out to you over email.

Thank you! I lost a house that took a direct him. I have been in salvage mode for the last week. I will look for that email! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.