Preform no longer recognizing Form 2 over wifi

I have a form 1+ connected via USB and a Form 2 which I have been suing via wifi.

Today, I downloaded preform 2.3.2 because I always do and rarely have issues.

Well…

The software could not see my Form 2 so I added it again via wifi IP address. That seemed to work but when I went to print, it listed it as an unknown printer and as busy. I restarted the printer and preform and had the same issue. The printer screen says is is ready to print. I hooked it up via USB and it is printing. After it is done, I will try wifi again.

Has anyone seen this or know a fix?

I’ve seen this 3-4 times in the last week. Usually restarting Preform fixed the problem. Once I had to wait 5 minutes or so and retry.

I got it resolved with the help of Brian at Formlabs. Not sure what caused it, but it the printer would only show a MAC address so that it what I entered and it did not work. After talking with Brian, I deleted that printer and went back to the Form 2 screen which now showed an IP address. After that was entered, everything was back to normal.

Interesting. Now that you mention it, I manually entered the IP address a few days ago and I haven’t seen the problem since.

My machine, brand new, before the first print, also displayed as unknown.

This was due to a firmware update, that reset the machine. if the machine disconnects from you network, the dhcp server may give it a new IP when it reconnects. I have yet to try to give it a static IP, not sure if you can.

Just remove the printer, from the list, and set it up again… might need to connect to your router, to view connected devices to figure out what IP it is on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.