Peel Motor Problems

Hello, I am new to the forum and have recently purchased a used form 1+. I finally get it printing decent parts but now it appears that the peel motor has broken. The resin tank will no longer preform a peel operation after a print or tilt down at the beginning of a print as the build platform lowers. The resin tray is stuck in the up position. I have tried ordering the motor from alibaba.com without any luck and I haven’t heard anything from Formlabs either. I am hoping someone on the forum could point me in the right direction or has any ideas on a way to fix it. Thanks in advance.

formlabs is the best place to get a replacement motor. They are relatively easy to replace.

It says that you contacted Formlabs, did you get an email with a support ticket number? The system may not have logged the request correctly. I would try opening a new ticket and I am sure @Frew will look into why you haven’t received a response.

How many days ago did you open the original ticket?

1 Like

I think it has been 4 or 5 days since I submitted the first ticket. Now that I think about it, chances are it didn’t go through properly. I have already submitted a new ticket.

We typically aim to reply within 24 hours but can sometimes take a bit longer depending on traffic. If you haven’t heard back or don’t hear back shortly, let me know so that I can look into it for you.

Hopefully you can just buy the replacement motor from formlabs and replace it yourself.

I did. With basic tools and some skills, it is an easy replacement.

1 Like

@DavidRosenfeld how much did they charge you for the motor? Thanks

I think it was a Tier 1 repair which the last time I checked was $60.- plus shipping and tax for me as I am in MA.

That sounds about right. Good to know :slight_smile: Thank you

The way the peel motors are constructed they are vulnerable to having one cap or other break where the clips hold it to the body. Needs better force sensing or better construction. If you are a good fabricator you can see exactly how you can fix such a problem with a bit of ingenuity but for $60, just buy a new one.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.