Peel action not happening

After running several successful prints on my Form1+ the last few weeks I had a pretty major failure with the first attempt of a new part yesterday. It’s fairly large and was being printed in fresh grey v2 resin at 50 micron in a new tank. When the print started I noticed the peel action didn’t seem to be tilting the tank as much as I would expect but I thought it could be due to the 50 micron setting and let it continue. When I came back to check a few hrs later the entire part had come off the platform and was laying in the tank. I’m not sure if I’m dealing with a bad peel motor or if the suction force of my supports was just preventing the tray from properly tilting.

Video of one of the first layers being printed

Luckily it came out in one piece.

The first mm or so of supports was actually adhered to build platform.

Im going to run a small test print next to see what it does. I wish there was a way to initiate the peel motion without actually printing something.

Mitch, sorry to hear that you are having issues with your printer. I would recommend getting in touch with our support team so they can help resolve this for you.

Jory

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.