It's a pretty solid printer and process! (AKA lifetime stats!)

It just keeps getting better and better on the Form 2. Printing with Durable and Tough has got to be the easiest time I’ve had, and success rates are awesome.

Can’t wait to see how long this printer (replacement 3/27) will keep it’s streak running :grinning:

9 Likes

While we’re sharing, here’s my lifetime!

Very Solid! :muscle:

7 Likes

Maybe I should make this a lifetime statistics title! -EDIT: thanks whoever did it!

2 Likes

Here are one of my printers’ stats. The following two images are from the same printer hardware that was renamed part of the way through its service life, which was about 1.5 years. The second image has no print success stat because I was doing science and disabled the feedback prompt upon opening the cover. Fun fact: this printer printed a large percentage of parts that went in R2D2.

5 Likes

I win on the prints completed stats and largest print. :smile: 6 months of lifetime for this printer.

4 Likes

OK, I’m right on track… more use than it felt like, actually.

2 Likes

You are very welcome :slight_smile: Lets see some more stats! :+1:

2 Likes

Ive just had the printer for two days but here’s my stats :smiley:

32ml resin used

I have a question on that, how much will I actually get from the cartridge before its considered “empty”?

2 Likes

Cartridges are 1L and the tank will use about 250mL of this. You’ll start to see ‘cartridge low’ errors when the amount of resin in the cartridge alone is insufficient to complete a print. Note that even if the cartridge runs out in the middle of a print, you can oftentimes still complete the print using the remaining resin in the tank.

New printer is running great! :grin:

1 Like

My first Form2:
SL Lifetime

My replacement Form2:
SD Lifetime

So far, I am unimpressed.

A for more useful statistic for me is this and these stop errors are all from the same print:
Print resumed
12:29 PM
Paused with Error
12:25 PM
Print resumed
12:19 PM
Paused with Error
11:47 AM
Print resumed
11:32 AM
Paused with Error
11:32 AM
Print resumed
11:08 AM
Paused with Error
10:59 AM
Print resumed
10:41 AM
Paused with Error
10:33 AM
Print resumed
10:24 AM
Paused with Error
10:24 AM

Print resumed
10:02 AM
Paused with Error
6:25 AM
Print resumed
6:16 AM
Paused with Error
6:12 AM
Print resumed
6:06 AM
Paused with Error
6:05 AM
Print resumed
5:58 AM
Paused with Error
5:58 AM
Print resumed
5:31 AM
Paused with Error
5:31 AM
Print resumed
5:29 AM
Paused with Error
5:29 AM

Print resumed
5:22 AM
Paused with Error
5:22 AM
Print resumed
5:17 AM
Paused with Error
5:14 AM
Print resumed
5:03 AM
Paused with Error
5:01 AM
Print resumed
4:55 AM
Paused with Error
4:53 AM
Print resumed
4:37 AM
Paused with Error
4:37 AM
Print resumed
4:28 AM
Paused with Error
4:28 AM

Print resumed
4:15 AM
Paused with Error
4:15 AM
Print resumed
4:14 AM
Paused with Error
4:13 AM
Print resumed
4:07 AM
Paused with Error
4:07 AM
Print resumed
4:05 AM
Paused with Error
4:05 AM
Print resumed
3:58 AM
Paused with Error
3:58 AM
Print resumed
3:53 AM
Paused with Error
3:53 AM

These aren’t the sorts of success rates we strive for, and it looks like you might be having intermittent sensor disconnections. Can you get in touch with our support team so that we can help troubleshoot this?

This is what ours looks like so far. There’s a couple fails in there.

1 Like

Print success is highly dependent on supports and part files too. The majority of my failures are ones where I was pushing limits or lazy in my supports and I fixed them with the next print. That said, I definitely have my own issues with certain resin (flexible mostly for me). Overall, a machine that fundamentally changed the way we do development and has saved us over $100,000 in tooling and who knows how much in time.09%20PM

5 Likes

I always add enough supports to secure the print. Often more than Preform adds. I’ve never had any part not adhere to the platform or dislodge mid-print. I am running a test print for Tech Support and the stop error occurred before line 1 even printed.
My issues are not support related and Support assures me my file is not a contributing factor.

I’d very much like to see this resolved but my confidence in the product is eroding.

Printing mostly in Grey / Tough but also Clear, Black & Durable.

I have had a serie of partial failures recently with Tough parts featuring small rafts not adhering to the BP, and over the last 3 months this probably brought the stats down from >95% to 90% success rate.

The culprit has been identified. Frame taken from video made and supplied to Formlabs.

Here’s to hoping there is charm in printer #3.

1 Like

yuck, that will do it i guess

@kristian wow you have one of the rare Doge printers. Those are hard to come by.

@Zenica that issue is crazy. I’ve never seen that kind of failure before on one of these machines.

2 Likes