Increasing issues with Preform And Form 3

My frustration is growing. I had a very trouble free start for the first few months. No problems printing or fails.

Now I am running about 50% fails for the past month or so. After the new Preform updates, incredibly long print times because the model lifts out of the resin and sits a minute or more before lowering and printing the next layer.

Is there a way to get it to stop doing these unnecessary lifts and waits? Also hearing random strange sounds and movements. I really wish someone from Form Labs would address these threads more often.

They don’t seem to monitor the forum much, at all. I’ve brought the issue up with them several times…

On the other hand, I’ve found support tickets tend to get serious attention from knowledgeable people, quickly.

I’ve had some symptoms that sound a little like yours. In my case it appears I had a pinhole puncture through a resin tank, and it damaged the LPU. I replaced the top end (rollers + window) and that almost entirely fixed the issue. I’m back up to around 80-90% success rate at present, but the support team seems to think there’s an issue with the LPU so I’m doing a replacement.

I finally found a post about a memory leak and restarting the printing so will try that.

I mean, it was just a FOUR THOUSAND DOLLAR printer. You would think pinning some of the issues might be important.

Hey @GridlockSys,

I’m so sorry you’ve been running into issues! That’s absolutely not the experience we want anyone have at any stage of owning our printers.

If you haven’t already, please reach out to our support team here and they’ll be more than happy to help you get back up and running as efficiently as possible.