Gray material stuck to bottom of tank

OK

Day 2 print 2, worse than the first.

At issue is I am not sure if it is me or the printer. I am still MUCH a novice with it. The STL file might have some issues.

I am 99% sure that there is hard material at the bottom of the tank. Do I have to discard the material that is in the tank? How to I get the cured materiel off without any damage? Does it have to be squeaky cleaned? Did I read to not let alcohol get near the tank?

I am surprised I am not flipping out over this. This is the 2nd 3D printer I bought in 2 months. The 1st one when back to 3D systems for repair after a week of use. I still don’t have it back… Now this is giving me fits right out of the box. Deja vu all over again.

The screen shot is what the car is supposed to look like. The hollow shell is the 1st print. The wall thickness was probably too thin at .011 so I increased it to .020 and now it is mostly a solid lump.

Please reply to Bill@3DModelTech.com

Don’t print it flat like you have it. Put it at an angle. It will take longer to print but the finish will be much better and it might solve your problem. Check out the tips and tricks on FL support pages and they will get you going in the right direction. Also, be sure to clean out resin that is cured to the bottom of the tank after a failed print or you will never have good results.

Removing cured resin from the tank is the easy part…don’t know how your print would turn out solid unless there are issues with the model itself.

Use the supplied scraper and gently get a corner of the scraper under the cured resin. The PDMS layer is not as delicate as they portray it to be. Don’t gouge at it like a madman but get to the edge of the resin with a corner of the scraper, push down and slide under and it will lift right off. If it is very small you can use the supplied tweezers to pull it out of the resin.

Make sure you “groom” your tank looking for smaller pieces of cured resin that did not stick to the PDMS.

I am no expert by any means but I would suspect you model vrs the printer for the “solid lump” issue.

Good Luck

Thanks all for replying.

Bill