Form 2 for dental surgery

We used the Form2 for printing a 3d model and a surgical guide of a patient that needed a full superior arch rehabilitation. This is the first step, the implants positioning and the immediate loading with the provisional prosthesis.

6 Likes

I find it simultaneously wonderful and mildly disgusting.
It sure looks like a good job. IANAD, though.
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Fantastic! I find the medical applications for advances in 3D tech really interesting, it’s probably one of the main reasons the industry is driving forward on a commercial scale. Formlabs must be really happy they’re involved in this type of work.

Very nice Job, what is the bridge made of? zircon?

Thank you, it isn’t zircon but it is a Pekkton substructure veneered with composite resin.

Well great job anyways!

Eww, ouch,

I’m going to brush and floss a few extra times a day now for the rest of my life

:grin:

1 Like

You and me both, @Skinnydog! I also find it fascinating and icky at the same time. After having a recent dental implant that cost over $7,500 for ONE here in the US, maybe we can all become part-time dentists with our 3D skills! I would be curious what this procedure costs in Italy…

1 Like

nice work !! it is gratifying to see how technology helps professionals do their best, most accurate work. You used the bio resin with post-curing chamber? Software that you use to design the surgical splint? I am dental technician . Congratulations. Thank you. cadcamcreadent@gmail.com

Wow $7,500 you people in the US really are getting ripped off by private healthcare. In the UK one implant is around $2000 USD assuming no complications. If we want cheaper dental work we go to Poland.

Thanks for sharing! May I ask what planning software you used?

This resin has so much more possibility than dental. I understand that Formlabs would premier it with a specific application, but this is HUGE for all medical device applications.

I plan on using a lot of this resin for prototypes for surgical and other medical devices.
My only question… they say it’s been checked for Gamma and steam sterilization.

But what about e-beam and EtO. Both are as prevalent as the other two listed… especially EtO!

Hi All,

Same question here, we have in-house steam under vacuum but send a lot of parts/devices for EtO. Yes, there are so many uses for this, we design devices for in-house use and move to CE marking. This being a material we can implement pre-production scale is fantastic.

Fantastico questo si chiama Made in Italy!!!

Hi, ST. lovely work, we do much the same type of restorations, we’re also a dental laboratory with a Form2 using the Grey Resin for dental models in combination with 3Shape model designer, problems we’re having are; the removable preps (Geller style) never fit, either the socket is too large or too small never ‘perfect’ ? and the resin is so sticky even using IPA in an ultrasonic won’t remove it all, airline and spraying IPA and gently scrubbing with ‘toothbrush’ is our last resort. Can you give any hints ?
thank you in advance.
Mark

I can’t be terribly useful as far as the specific dental applications go but do want to chime in and say that the resin shouldn’t be sticky after being washed in IPA. Here’s the link to our finishing steps. It’s important to make sure that your IPA hasn’t been overused and isn’t saturated. IPA that’s saturated with resin will take much more time to clean a part. It’s also worth mentioning that not all IPA is created equal and we recommend at least 90% isopropyl.

Thanks for that, our IPA doesn’t have a % on, it’s a beauty product for nail polish removal so possibly not the strongest !
Will order some 90% today and test.
I’ll let you know the outcome.
cheers
Mark

Walgreens has 91% ipa in many stores cheap.