Deformation

Good morning,
I have a form2.
i have a problem with the deformation of the pieces. When the pieces are just printed, it is ok, I don’t see the deformation; but after 1 hour the pieces begin to deform. (I attach image)
It’s normal?
This pieces I printed it on the platform; it’s correct?
I cure uv this pieces. I printed wiht tough resin.
Thank you and sorry for my English
Bye!

Do you remove piece supports before or after curing with UV?

thank for your answer

remove piece support after curing.

bye

Do you have this problem with all materials or only the Tough resin?

We have had many problems with Tough, so we generally use other resins for all parts we print on our Form 2.

Thank for your answer;

I have this problem with Tough resin and Durable resin, with rigid resin is better, but rigid resin is a good resin, but for me is too much rigid, it is frail.

bye

We find that the automatic supports generated by Preform software is just about sufficient to get the parts printed. We always add additional supports in places we suspect might warp later . Our thinking is that internal stresses are caused in the part during “peel off from Vat” on every layer and during curing.

WE add additional supports to reduces the impact of those two reasons. After generating automatic supports we review the every layer and add additional supports whenever there is unsupported over hand of more tha 2 or 3 mm. ( Layer thickness in our case is 0.1 mm). We also make sure there are enough supports to resist all the degrees of freedom for movement during the peel off process. There are not well defined rules for this. Just gut feel. We normally achieve dimensional accuracies of +/-0.15 mm and geometric precision (parallelity and perpendicularity of about 0.3 to 0.4 mm ) over a dimensions ranging from 20 to 75 mm.

Trying to do anything better than those accuracies have proved very cumbersome for us.

Thank you for your answer.

I will check It

bye bye

Good morning;
I think I have found a motivation.
By increasing the thickness of the pieces from 1-1.5mm to 3-4mm the deformation of the piece decreases drastically.

bye bye

You could also try Tough 1500 or Tough 2000, they are said to have quite a bit less warping.

I have a decent amount of experience with all of the Tough resins (Tough v1/v2/v3, Tough 1500, Tough 2000).

The blue Tough resin you are using has always been prone to warping even with the correct clean and cure procedures. Even if the part isn’t warped immediately after being cured, it’s “normal” for this resin to deform over time. It is difficult/impossible to support static loads well enough to prevent printed parts from deforming.

On the other hand, the newer Tough 2000 is much better. It is much more dimensionally accurate and resists deformation. After curing, it can sustain static loads without deforming (assuming the load is supported well enough). It remains flexible enough to avoid cracking under vibration or shattering on impact. I use this resin quite a bit.

Tough 1500 is the other option. It doesn’t support static loads well but it is well suited to parts that need to bend or flex. I use it mostly for snap fit parts and clamps.

Anyway, I recommend switching to Tough 2000 or 1500 depending on your needs. (The other option is Durable, which I used as a replacement for the blue Tough v3 before Tough 2000 was released.)

1 Like

Thank you for your advice, In this moment I use tought2000 for me is very good resin, with thicknesses of 3-4mm is very stable.
I used the durable resin form me is too flexible.

bye bye

Hello,
with the pieces, you mean the supports, or the CAD parts you are printing?
Thanks!