Can you include paint filters in your Forms 2 package?

I think 150 mesh

190 microns. but particle in alcohol tub, much smaller.

oh, i will try it.

I am using the same type of paint strainer cone shape. It is very useful for resin, if you have serious print error, during peeling. I hope they can include 10-20 in the package. Too bad these does not work with alcohol. Why alcohol is cheap,so to prevent future problem, i bought new alcohol 7 litre to replace the old one. If only we have some box which can slowly filter alcohol too. I tried some coffee filter, but it takes too long for liquid to pass. i dun want to stand holding it too long, as i am smelling all the vapor. But i have some box that can filter alcohol with coffee filter, that will be cost saving as well.

You can’t filter IPA of uncured resin with paint or coffee filters. You need to cure the resin first. Put the IPA in a clear container in the sun for a few hours and the sun-cured resin will precipitate out and collect on the bottom. Then you can filter it or decant it (like when you pour wine and don’t want the sediment to get out of the bottle). Decanting is quickest but you lose a little IPA in the process.

Hey guys,

I’m using 190-micron filters, but the drip-through rate is so slow that it’s taking an eternity to filter a whole tray. 15 minutes probably. What gives? Is anybody able to filter faster?

That means your resin is super contaminated. I wouldn’t recommend going with a bigger filter, you will simply get bigger debris in your resin tank. Even with the 190 I see tiny little particles. When I have a really bad build failure, I often have to use 2-3 filters to get the resin.

Make sure the resin is warm before you filter it. I sometimes start a new print and then abort it so that the resin up to a flowing temperature.

IPA can be recycled but it’s not worth the effort.

To get reasonably clean IPA you’ll need to put it in the sun to cure out any resin. Then distill. Distilling alcohol will require a decent still that is dedicated to denatured product. You shouldn’t use it later for sipping whiskey (this is why God created stills in the first place).

1 Like

Great call, I think that’s the way to do it. Thanks!