Artifacts and layers visible

hey there,

My last 2 prints came out with this artifact. I don’t know what it is. Also my layers are more visible than usual.

Info: My resin tank is new. My resin is not new, but I stir the resin in the resintank every 2 days. It is not exposed to light.

Can somebody help me?

What version of grey resin are you using?

I’ve been using only V3 Grey since the beginning.

This started 2 prints ago (no new equipment were added).

I had some issues that were similar to what you are showing here. It started when I got the V3 Grey resin. After switching resins to V4 Grey and cleaning all windows and mirrors in the machine the problem continued. They decided it was a laser degradation issue. This meant that the printer had to be sent in for repair. I am not positive that you are having the same issue, but if it continues I would definitely open a support ticket and see what Formlabs has to say about it.

I’m sorry I didn’t save any of the photos of the issues we had so that you could see the similarities.

Thanks for letting me know about your experience!

Hey there!

Just to reiterate what HPCreations said above me, this looks like some issue along the optical path somewhere.

If you haven’t reached out to us already that’s the best thing to do for these sorts of issues so we can get them resolved as efficiently as possible. :slight_smile:

https://support.formlabs.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

Done, thanks for reiterating @DKirch :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.