Z - axis doesn’t work, and X-axis is moving really fast and making strange noise

This company gave me a form 2 printer and when I got it after I turned it on the first time it all seemed fine but the z-axis wouldn’t move. So I took a look down the motors shaft and there was resin that was spilt in it so I disassembled the printer carefully and cleaned it out the motor had resin in it and there was resin over a lot of components. I used denatured alcohol to clean up the resin but I use very little on paper towels or qtips. Once I got everything back together the x-axis motor for the resin holder is moving very slow when moved manually. However It moves fast when it starts up and makes a loud grinding noise.

Hello @MGShelton,

Thank you for reaching out about your Form2 printer. The difficulty here is that the x-stage and z-stage motors aren’t replaceable. The best you can do is thoroughly clean them out and see if the printer will run a print successfully.

Kind regards,
-Jen

What would be causing the x-axis to be doing what it’s doing. It wasn’t like that before it was taken apart to clean it so there’s something else going on.

Hi @MGShelton,

The grinding noise may be caused by a damaged or contaminated limit switch leading to unintended motor movement. I would encourage you to share a video demonstrating the noise with our Support Team for them to narrow this down further.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.