Z-Axis bottomed out will not move

So after receiving a resin sensor error and seeing the build platform is stuck to the resin tray. I remove the build tray and platform as one. Once out I removed the platform from the tray. Cleaned the tray and reinstalled. I rebooted the printer tried to run a print and the Z-axis is still stuck in the lower position. I rebooted again and held the button for 15 second to reset machine to factory settings. Z-axis is still stuck in lower position. Anyone ever run into this?

1 Like

Hey there @cirtec!

I’m so sorry to hear you’re having some motor movement issues! That’s definitely not what we like to see.

With motor movement issues specifically, the best way to get efficient help is to reach out to our support team at the link below and they’d be more than happy to give you a hand getting to the bottom of things.

https://support.formlabs.com/s/contact-support?language=en_US

That being said, I would ask if you’re able to twist the lead screw(the z-tower screw) to see if you’re able to move it up or down by hand, or whether it’s actually physically stuck. The screw may be a little slick with grease, but even then, you should be able to spin it without too much effort. It’s also worth saying that spinning the screw by hand like this will not damage the printer in any way whatsoever.

I recommend doing this and also getting in touch with our support team, as it will be valuable info for them!

DKirch thanks for the reply. Leadscrew spins freely. Formlabs is setting up an RMA as I type this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.