What kind of error is that?

Hello everyone !

I recently bought a second hand form 1 printer and starting having problem… After a print I launch another one and get this error message I try to look everywhere to see If I can find a answer but nothing :disappointed_relieved:

interlock error, please contact costumer support…

I dont have guaranty on it anymore and hopefully will be enlighten by some experienced users :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot

Sounds like the hall switch that detects if the orange cover is in place.
Try jiggling / reseating it a bit.

Thanks for the answer Ante_Vukorepa, how do I reset it ? Jiggling done but nothing happen… the printer is making weird noise saying the tank is moving up, but it is already up…

Oh. Hm. Then it could be the limit switch at the top of the Z axis tower (at the top of the black alu profile housing the lead screw and the linear slide the platform travels up and down on, on the left inside, you’ll see a tiny switch). The platform closes the switch and that tells the firmware the platform has reached the top position. If the switch is broken or disconnected, it will never know it’s already up.

If it’s busted, there’s probably not much you can do, unless you’re handy with a soldering iron, multimeter and some tools (and feel ok with disassembling the printer). In that case, and/or if your printer is still under warranty, you should contact Formlabs support and they’ll sort you out.

Ho snap ! will try to see what is going on with the guaranty… otherwise how do I reset the printer ? Thanks for your time mate.

Didn’t write “reset”, i wrote “reseat” - as in try to re-seat the cover, in case it’s sitting on the case crooked or something. Otherwise, turning it off, waiting a bit, unplugging it from the mains and waiting, then plugging it in pretty much constitutes a reset (not counting reflashing the firmware, which you can do from PreForm).

But i didn’t mean “reset”, as i’ve said - this sounds like a hardware issue.

Ho ok my bad, thanks again for your help, gonna try to contact the seller…

Can you show a picture of the front of your printer so we can see if the cover is misaligned?

3 Likes

Hey Craig thanks for jumping in, will try to take a shot after work, here is a more detailed procedure :

Turning on the printer I get this message on the printer :

*reseting build platform and tank… —> wierd noise,
*just after it say ready to print

sending a model from preform :

*reseting build platform and tank … 1 second after I sent to printer I get this message : interlock error, please contact costumer support

Does it sounds like it can be fix ?

Regards

Ps: I tried the magnet trick, but exactly same…

Did you resolve this? I started getting the same problem. The problem is not the lid sensor or the Z axis sensor I tested and they are working properly.

As soon as you send a file to the printer, the problem is the printer does not wait for the “confirm” step. It goes directly to “resetting platform…” and the interlock error comes up in Preform.

Hey Kyle_Montana, yeup the solution was given here : New Preform 1.8

Thanks, I just had to re-install the latest Preform and it’s resolved.

Hi everyone, today I had the same problem.
after 2 prints, the Preform show me the “interlock error, please contact costumer support…” message, i checked the magnetic interlock, the microswitch in the z axis and i’ve reinstalled preform and uploaded again the last firmware…
these are the step that i can see
*reseting build platform and tank… —> wierd noise,
*just after it say ready to print

sending a model from preform :

*reseting build platform and tank … 1 second after I sent to printer I get this message : interlock error, please contact costumer support

Any solutions?

thanks

I solved just installing the version 1.6 of preform… but I think that isn’t the right way to solve this problem… but… whre I can find the 1.7 version?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.