Warping & Stretching of Print with Undercured Supports

Hi Everyone,

I printed an object that’s 1/2" thick and about 170ml of resin. I had two prints not work so I am wondering what may be wrong with my set-up, possible object placement or inadequate supports?

The Object

The Object in Preform

Attempt 1: The print stopped working before it got to the object. The entire tank was filled with bits making it look like it had congealed. The supports were gummy. I cleaned out the tank and scraped the bottom where bits had fallen off or been cured to the bottom. I thought it may be something to do with the resin.

Attempt #2: I used a new tray and a new resin cartridge. It printed all the way through without any major problems, but when removed from the tank, the item looked like it had stretched wide near the base and the supports hadn’t cured 100%. The upper-middle parts of the support structure touching the object were soft and gummy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

We’re sorry to hear you’re having some trouble printing this part!

This definitely sounds like an issue that should be investigated by our support team! If you wouldn’t mind submitting a request at the link below, someone will be in touch within a day(usually much shorter) and we’d be happy to get to the bottom of whatever issue you’re experiencing!

All the information you’ve included here is excellent and will be really useful as you put your request in.

1 Like

Could you please post a pic of the attempt #2 part showing how it is distorted?

Thank you Dank! I’ve contacted Formlabs Support. :slight_smile:

Was the issue sorted out? I may be having a similar issue

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.