Traveling with my form1+

Hi, I’m about to move countries. From USA to Brazil. And want to take my printer with me. I’d feel safest if I took it myself. Which means taking it on the plane. I just wondered if anyone had any advice about traveling with my printer. Is it ok to check it int he original box? or should i try and take it on as hand luggage?

If you have any advise I’d be very grateful for it.

Cheers
Matt

We have shipping instructions here:

I would make sure that the plastic inserts are not ripped, and if you have the option to take the printer on the plane as hand luggage…it will likely be less prone to damage. If you want to purchase brand new packaging from us…it’s about $45!

Hey Jory, I have the original box and packaging and it all looks good, so that is an option. But I was was wondering when you guys go out to expos/conferences/maker faires. How do you get your printers there? does the team take them with them or are they delivered in some other way?

Cheers
Matt

For larger expositions, we ship most of our supplies via a custom crate. We have, however, traveled many times with the Form 1+ in pelican cases, and checked printers as luggage. And of course, we ship the printers by air to many parts of the world.

Sam, did you guys have something custom made?
what model case are you using?

Nope, they’re not custom. We’ve used this one and this one, depending on our needs. Nothing has been totally perfect, though, so your mileage may vary.

I just bought the case from the second link there (the black one) so i will share how it goes when I move.

Cheers
Matt