What’s up with timelapse lately? Several months ago I created several timelapse videos on the Form 4 and 4L. They were nice and smooth. Now they are jittery and unusable. In fact, when moving into position for the timelapse, the 4L turns the lights off. Weird.
I was told this will be fixed in a firmware upload. Anyone have any idea when this will be fixed?
@SteamFactoryLLC Thanks for posting this to our forums. I think it will be good to have this information out there. I don’t have a confirmed time for this update yet. If you don’t have a support case open currently, it would be good to open a new one so that we can know which print jobs you turned the timelapse function on for and send that through to our Software team. The more information they have, the better.
Thank you both for flagging this! That is not the intended behavior of the timelapse and seems to be a bug. I have informed the responsible team, they will look into this!
I’ve had my lights off on my 4L as well when I take a picture. Formlabs told me the same about it being fixed with the next firmware issue. Funny enough, it only happens for the first picture, and the lights are on for any pictures following. I’ve never used the timelapse function simply due to the fact that it mentions possible failures due to it and not needing it.
Perhaps you could try taking a picture at the start of a print to see if that helps fix the timelapse?