Tank not recognized

First 3L tank replacement, and it is not being recognized. I don’t see any acumen. What should I be looking for?

I had a similar issue with several brand new tanks for my F3. Tanks turned out to be defective. Contact Formlabs support: they will replace your tank. You may send videos showing both the printer’s display while inserting the tank and you inserting the tank. Good luck with that !

Hey @648ken,

I’m so sorry that you ran into this issue! As @asalamancal mentioned, you likely have a defective tank. To get this resolved as quickly as possible, please reach out to our support team with some pictures of your tank. They’ll be more than happy to get you back printing!

I had a similar issue recently. Stuck a new tank into the printer and the printer completely ignored the tank!

I scanned the RFID sticker of a tank which was recognised, and this tank which was not, and it turned out the RFID tag hadn’t had an ID programmed onto it! completely blank! Not what you expect from such a expensive piece of plastic.

And it’s not like this would be hard for FormLabs to test for. Just have the tanks roll past a scanner on a conveyor. They wouldn’t even need a person scanning them. This consistent lack of QC (the company i work for ordered 3 tanks, and so far we’e received 10 and of those, 1 worked for a little while before the frosting layer wore out and the tank stopped working, and the new V2 tank we received as a replacement hasn’t been tested so it’s a 50/50 as to whether it works or not, the other 8 were all unusably defective) is very concerning… FormLabs sell an expensive printer and promise a premium experience, but seem to always miss the mark