Some successful and not-so-successful prints

Tom Marks and Monger Designs, thank you for sharing those tips! I will try the new silicone treatment once my current vat is worn out.

There are two kinds of build failures: First and most common are due to contamination from partly cured blobs or jellies left floating in the resin and an improperly cleaned build platform. I have found that the build platform needs to be cleaned with virgin solvent. Do not use the solvent from the cleaning tank it is contaminated with partly cured resin that causes adhesion failures. The tank should be scraped and combed clean just before every build to remove blobs and jellies. The second type of failure is what I call peal process fractures. They start to occur after the high power scanning quits about 2mm from the build platform and can persist up to 10mm from the build platform. Supports usually get the part out of the fracture zone. I try to build as much as I can directly on the platform without supports or with my own support designs that use less expensive resin. The fractures are less of a problem on the left of the build platform (bottom of the build area in PreForm). I  have my theories about what causes them and plan on testing a fix in a couple weeks. I’ll share what I find out after the test.

Note the refractive index of silicone rubber is about 1.4, Silicon the stuff used in computer chips has an index around 3.5. easy to confuse the two.