Resin Tray doesn't fill

I just installed a new resin cartridge (Black V2) and a new tank. Went to start a print, and the cartridge will not dispense. I’ve triple checked the cartridge is installed, cap is open, protective orange cover is removed, the tank is aligned and installed. No error messages. Just doesn’t add any resin to the tray. Printer just says “Waiting for Tank to Fill”

It was running fine on clear yesterday.

I have had this happen with a new resin cartridge as well. Flip it over then remove the orange cover if you did not already the pinch the bite valve until it opens up then let it go. It should close automatically. Re-install and try again and you should be good to go.

Chris

1 Like

Ooooh - that was it - the bite valve appeared to be faulty (even when pinched, you could tell the rubber was still sealed). I just nicked it with my fingernail and it popped open. Put it back in and the tank filled ASAP. THANK YOU!

1 Like

Not a problem. It is probably better if you have to do that every time so that way it doesn’t leak during shipping.

Chris

Could be the drain foam isn’t open. You’ll need to check that and maybe cut it with a razor knife. Just do it little by little. I’ve had to do it in the past.

Turns out this is a common problem with the bite valves. I check every new cartridge these days before using, after being caught by this a few times. (In fact I just opened a new High Temp and had this very problem,)

1 Like

Same, not to mention two times I have received busted cartridges from shipping and a complete resin leak while one was in storage like all my other resins.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.