Refurb Form 2 Not Printing on the Side of the Print Surface and Error 41

Hey Y’all,

Just purchased a Refurb Form 2 from Formlabs and I was super excited to get it home and start the printing process.

I had my first print finish and 2 of the 4 Keycaps were cut in half, not really thinking about it, I put the two keycaps that printed correctly into the IPA bath and threw the other two out. I then started another job that was 12 hours long, and went to work.

When I came home, the printing was going great and I had about 5 hours left in the print. When I checked on the print process again, the printing had stopped and I was greeted with everyone’s favorite error code…Error Code 41.

When I pulled the print bed off of the mount, I found this.

To answer a few questions, Yes my printer has the most up to date firmware available, I am using the Clear Resin from FormLabs and printing at 25 Microns. The print bed was cleaned between the two prints, and the Files in Preform passed all of the Structure/Support Checks.

How do I solve this, what are my next steps, and is this normal for a Form 2 with only 2 prints on it? I had so much hope for this machine and I was super excited to get to printing, but this is honestly so disappointing.

Also would like to add that I can no longer print with this machine, every-time I go to start a new print job I am again greeted with the lovely Error Code 41.

That is not normal, Error Code 41 occurs in conjunction with the galvos losing contact with the mainboard. There is a service procedure that describes the reseating of the galvo cables.
But as your machine comes new/refurbished from Fromlabs it is probably the better option to contact support.

Hey Marshall,

Thank you for responding, I have already set up a ticket with support and following their steps now. Have you ever seen a Form 2 print like that where there is a perfect square of unprinted resin?

Thank you Again,
Kade

It looks like the laser path is blocked by something in that area. Did you get your printer fixed in the meantime?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.