Random prints will come out like this

I have done many prints on my Form3 recently and random prints will have this layer line on the top of some models. It really isn’t consistent. I have been reading other posts and people state that the mirror might be dirty I haven’t cleaned it yet I was hoping to hear from others if you think its the mirror or something else.
These are cavern walls and and a door with rock around it. The door is about 3/4 of the way towards the top and the wall is only on the top.

I have the same phenomenon.
It appears to be on a flat surface that is oblique to the platform.

This is output with the setting of Black V4 50μm.
It does not occur in 25μm.

Note:The line is not on the model.

1 Like

That phenomenon is not random at all, it is simply a result of the way the printer works. If you have surfaces at a slight angle to the build plate, these layer lines will be visible. For models like yours, I’d recommend printing with a lower layer height, which will make the lines much less visible because they will be spaced much closer.

1 Like

You can also angle the part so that it affects areas that aren’t so big

1 Like

Thank you all for your ideas I have reduced the layer height and messed with the layout of the model. I will let you know how it turns out next thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.