Printfailures when printing multiple parts

Support is look into this issue and ask me to do a quick optic test

As you can see their is distortion on one print.

Waiting for their feedback.

Problem solved!
Reaction of support:

We think the so called “warping” of the models might be due to a deformation or damage on the resin tank.

They sent me a new restin tank to test, and with the new one the prints are perfect again!
Excellent support :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

It looks like you were right about the tank. The failures happend with a new one but it was probably damaged.

Draining and filtering the resin to inspect the tank is pretty much my go-to diagnostic tool. IMO the documentation for the printer should make a much bigger deal of this – and the printer probably should have come with a filtration stand, much like how it comes with IPA wash buckets.

To be honest I don’t see anything wrong on or in the tank.
It was a brand new one.
Do you have a good reference for a stand for filtering?
Couldn’t find the one their using in the explainer video.

This was my starting point:

But I use a chemistry “retort stand” for filtering.

I take the resin tank out, and the resin cartridge. I open the top of the resin cartridge, and put a small funnel + filter in the top. I clamp the resin tank to a retort stand using a rubberized Eisco clamp. I attach the clamp to one of the black tension arms on the resin tank. The clamp has a little lock-adjustment that lets you change the angle of the tank – you’ll likely want to adjust the angle a few times, while it drains. So the tank is supported at two points: one by the funnel on top of the cartridge, and the other by the clamp.

In the beginning I used three contact points but I find now that I’m comfortable using the locking mechanism on the clamp, two contact points suffice.

I let the tank drain for a few hours, then use the tank cleaning tool to get the remaining thin film of resin mostly out. An hour more of draining usually has the tank pretty clean.

Clever setup, thanks for sharing!