Print error code: 41

Since you’re already in touch with support, they’ll continue working with you to get a resolution. Our European team in Berlin was offline yesterday for a holiday. You should have an answer about your printer and the error 41 shortly.

Thanks, Stephen. By now I have the answer: I have to send it back for replacement of the galvanometers. :frowning:

Last Friday we received our new Form2 printer and since the very beginning we are having the exact same problem. Ticket-ID: 66007

Every print stops with error code 41 and since today we also have the brownout problem which lets the machine restart in the middle of the print while canceling it.

Downgrade to PreForm 2.2.1 and firmware 1.3.2 does not work, because then our resin type “Clear FLGPCL03” is not available in the dropdown menu anymore.

Downloading the newest PreForm 2.4.0 brings us several error messages telling that some necessary files are missing to run it. And without PreForm 2.4.0 we also can’t use the newest firmware rc-1.5.7-310. The previous PreForm version 2.3.3 from last Friday morning works fine it just doesn’t work with the newest firmware and with the previous version rc-1.4.3-288 it always ends with the error code 41 or a brownout.

We would be very happy to get a solution as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

Hi there - sorry for all the continued trouble. There was an unexpected glitch with the PreForm 2.4.0 release. It’s been corrected, so that you can now download PreForm 2.4.0 with all necessary files and upgrade your Form 2’s firmware to rc-1.5.7. Thanks for the patience. Could you confirm with your support conversation once you’ve upgraded whether this resolves the error 41 message and brownout? It’s helpful for the team to document all issues.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Stephen. Today morning we have downloaded and installed the newest version of both PreForm and the hardware firmware. At first everything was working well but after 2 hours and 10 minutes the print failed again with the exact same error code 41.

PreForm 2.4.0 together with the firmware version rc-1.5.7-310 still gives us the error code 41.

When will there be the final fix? Unfortunately we need to print new prototypes as soon as possible.

I have experienced the same problem other customers had. My first print with a custom .stl file ended abruptly after 1 layer when the printer shut off by itself and turned back on by itself. I tried the same piece a second time and the printer did the same after 5 layers. I thought that it was a problem of the .stl file so I printed a different one which failed in the same way after 15 minutes. I submitted a ticket (#66719) and tried to print the formlabs_test_pint which also failed after 10 minutes with error code: 41. I have PreForm 2.4.1 and firmware version rc-1.5.7-310. I was able to upload the diagnostic using my phone hotspot since, as others, I have IT restrictions and the printer fails to connect to my employer network both via Ethernet and WiFi. I hope these info can help others, although they seems very similar to the story of other customer in the forum.
Davide

Hi BME_Gannon

We were having that problem of the system shutting down when the WiFi was weak / bad. Turning off the Wifi fixed the issue for us. I tried printing again with the WiFi on and it shutdown again. Our issue was the Access Point for our WiFi was on the other side of the building, but I believe that any connection drops will shutdown the machine.

Also we had to roll back the firmware to rc-1.3.2-259 and use an earlier version of the PreForm (2.2.1 i think?) to fix the error code 41. I checked this form again to see if there was an update and it looks like PreForm 2.4.0 should work with rc-1.5.7 but it looks doubtful from tt_design’s post.

This may be an issue with you with newer Resin if the PreForm program doesn’t support that resin. Lucky for us, we got older resin which was supported by the older versions. (FLGPWH01 is our resin)

Has anyone else got PreForm 2.4.1 and firmware rc-1.5.7-310 to work?

Hi wfong_passy

what you are saying makes a lot of sense to me. I have read on the machine website that after uploading the model from PreForm to the printer the USB cable could be disconnected. I had assumed that when the file is loaded to the printer and the machine is printing the system is self contained and does not need to be connected to the computer. In all except 1 case when the printer shut down the USB cable was disconnected and the WiFi was on.
Yesterday night I tried to use an old desktop of the lab where I installed PreForm 2.4.1 and re-uploaded the newest firmware and shut off the wifi of the machine.
I have printed the test model maintaining the USB connected to the Computer and FormLab open and had my first successful print.

That’s great to hear you got a successful print. I still believe the USB can be disconnected though. I meant the WiFi had to be turned off while printing which was causing the issue of the printer shutting down, not the USB. Hope that helps too!

Same problem here. Latest software and firmware. Stops after 30 ish layers. Restarts printer or says catridge problem. Error 41
Very annoying. Wasting expensive resin.
I have tried other versions of firmware and software. No difference. Stills fails.
Any other suggestions?

Hello,

We were receiving the same Error 41 too.
What got rid of it for us was the following:
We completely disconnected the printer from wifi and the ethernet.
We uploaded our print job.
We unplugged the printer from the computer and let it print.

We have been following the same routine for each print and all have been a success.
Admittedly, we also tried to print with the internet later and it worked fine too.
However, if you are willing to try another approach, this may work.

Thanks!
rp

1 Like

Podemos tentar essa solução que você fez, mais me parece que a formlabs não deram uma posição com relação a esse problema que e grave ou eles já deram uma resposta a e esse problema 41.

Just in case anyone is under the impression that this problem has been solved, it has not.

My first printer (delivered in the first week of June) had a fundamental problem with the optics right out of the box - the laser largely missed the build plate. The replacement I received on Tuesday has error 41 right out of the box 9 (after the firmware update to the latest version - also using latest version of PreForm). I have tried both printing without WiFi on, and also tried downgrading the firmware but neither of these two approaches has solved my problem. I can’t get past a dozen or so layers on the formlabs test print.

I have started a ticket and wait to hear from formlabs.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced two brand new printers with fatal flaws right out of the box? Does anyone know if formlabs has any kind of quality control?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.