PreForm 2.15.1 decryption failed

Hi there,

I’m trying to perform a firmware update, but once preform sends it to my Form 2, it fails to install it, saying “decryption error”

I’ve found posts on this, that this can be solved by using the manual update option but I’m missing the firmware file for this. I cannot find Version 2.15.1 as a download from the release notes page.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

I think you have your versions mixed up. 2.15.1 is the current PreForm version, the current version for the Form2 firmware is 1.16.8 and a link is available on the page you cited.

You need to install version 14 first, then 15 and then 16. Something in these releases requires the sequence of installs. If you have been installing each as it comes out you would notice this,

I’ve had to do this on two machines. The most recent as a Form 2 second unit that came from FormLabs with version 13 firmware installed.

thanks guys! Those were great tips and I got the 1.16.8 update working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Download the latest firmware and then install it manually. My Form2 went from 1.13.5 to 1.16.8 without issue doing it manually.

2 Likes

@FStemmler I’m sorry to hear you ran into this. Can you please reach out to us by clicking on the “Get help” button at the bottom of this page? You can choose either chat for live support or a ticket. We will gladly provide you with the manual update.

Regards,
Alina
Formlabs Support

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.