Please close the cover

Does anyone know where on a Form 2 I can find the sensor that dectects that the cover is closed?
I keep getting the following message ‘please close the cover’.
Maybe the sensor is dirty and I need to clean it first. But then I need to know where to find it first.
Can anyone help me.

I think it’s a magnet in the front corner

I don’t understand how these magnets can serve as a sensor. When I remove the case at the bottom, I don’t see any electronic component anywhere on the inside that could function as a sensor. There is nothing at all in either corner under the magnets. There is only a frame in metal to which the case in plastic is attached.

Huh, I thought it was something like a Hall effect sensor. If it’s not that then I’d see if someone from Formlabs could chime in.

In the meantime, you might find something in this Formlabs Form 2 Teardown « bunnie's blog

Hi @loco,

The interlock sensors are in the display assembly itself. Assuming the magnets are present in the cover, I would try reseating the display ribbon cable following Replacing the Form 2 Display Assembly.

Thank you very much for your response. I replaced the screen with one from a discarded printer that I use for spare parts. Everything is working again as before. Perfect.

1 Like

Excellent; I’m glad to hear that resolved the issue! Thank you for letting us know.