No Resin Tank Message

Hi All,

Issue This is for my brand new Form 2, just out of the box. I set up and checked many times, but my Form 2 is not sensing the resin tank. I get ‘no resin tank’ error messages both on the machine and preForm.

What I tried Following Formlabs support’s suggestion, I tried to improve the sensor contact by bending the spring fingers, no luck. The printer seems to work fine, though I have not been able to print the first print due to the error.

Question Do any of you had a similar issue and find a fix? Formlabs support asked me to send the printer back for repair, but I have complications: I took the printer for my oversea stay (Seoul), and now I am facing almost $1000 extra cost for shipping and tariffs to send/get back the machine. So I am looking for a way to fix the issue myself. Again, this is a brand new machine.

Disappointed to hear that your new machine is having a bit of trouble reading the tank. Have you been able to try a different tank to see if that’s reading successfully? Open Mode might be a viable option for printing without a recognized tank for a short time until it’s easier to make repairs.

Yes, I purchased another tank to make sure the problem is not the tank. The same error occurred. I updated the firmware to the latest also. I googled people with the similar issue but I didn’t see a definite resolution, especially a brand new machine like mine. I will investigate the open mode option. Thanks.

Looking at mine, it seems like they still might not be high enough to make contact.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.