New project: Frazetta's Death Dealer

Last night I thought I’d have some fun and at the same time figure out what colors I will use on this once I start painting it. So I used the already printed miniature to paint the horse, saddle, shield and the rider’s chain mail around the legs.

Here is the results of a couple of hours worth of quick & dirty paint. Most of the time was the waiting between coats.

3 Likes

Good man

Here are a couple of shots of the current print. Unlike the miniature, this is printed in parts. The base, horse, rider and accessories are printed separately. So far, the 3 major parts have already been printed, and the accessories (horse harness, shield and sword) will be printed later today.

The model is 60% the size of the original model kit/scan, and is about 5.75" in length, and 6.25" in height. The horse and rider were printed at 50nm, the base at 100nm. Although the model is hollow, these 3 parts (and the supports) add up to about 160ml, and 19 hours of printing.

The model is printed using ApplyLabWork beige resin. This is probably the best overall resin I’ve used to date. Most notable, is the fact I have never had a single failed print while using this stuff.

2 Likes

Finally finished.

This particular model is going to be a gift, and will be sent out as a kit, ready to be finished and painted.