"Motor Move Out of Bounds" error

Hi there!

Brand new machine about 10 days old. I’m on my 14th print and things have been going perfectly so far (100% success rate). First bottle of resin/resin tray.

I started a 4 hour print around midnight last night and this morning I woke up to the screen saying “Motor Out of Bounds… Print paused and waiting for resolution”. The print had stopped after 1 hour and 20 minutes and it’s just sitting there making a fan noise.

There is nothing visibly wrong with the printer.
The print is still adhered to the platform, the wiper is in the normal “resting” position on the right
The level of resin looks normal.
According to my Dashboard I still have over half of the resin remaining in the tank

I have taken pictures of the printer just for safety but at this point it looks perfect except my print is stuck halfway through.
The screen on the machine gives me the option to Abort the print or Ignore but I wanted to write before I proceed to see if there’s something I should do first.

Can someone please help?

This isn’t an error we see often and tends to be a caused by a bug in how PreForm generates toolpaths for the print. Our support team is going to be best suited to troubleshoot this with you and a member of our team will reach out over email.

Bypassing this error is unlikely to damage the machine but it can lead to the print failing. Cancelling a print midway through can be disappointing but it’s likely to be the safest option. If you’re in a hurry, you might try re-orienting the part slightly in PreForm and then re-uploading to see if that remedies the issue while our support team helps to identify the root cause.

Okay, thanks. I will wait to hear from the troubleshooting team.

I went ahead and canceled the print. Only cost a few dollars in resin, which is a small price to pay. I’m looking for the small rook test file to run in the meantime just to see if the error replicates.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.