Motor Jam when using flexible resin, tank broke

Hi,

I have been using the Form2 printer recently, mainly printing using Durable and Flexible resins.

I recently put a flexible print on overnight and came back in the morning to an error message saying that the motor is jammed. The wiper was trying to move and was bashing against the build platform that was at the level it would normally be when printing a layer.

I cancelled the print to see what the issue was however all of the cured resin was on the build platform as it should be, with no signs of a problem. The tank had no cured resin. I restarted the print after cleaning and kept checking in every half hour or so. For the first 2 hours everything was working fine but afterwards the error happened again, with everything identical to what happened before. For this second print I moved the models around so that they wouldn’t be printing in the exact same spot, and there is no cloudiness on the tank since it hasn’t been used much.

I removed the tank and noticed that one of the pieces on the tank’s underside that lock it to the printer has snapped off. Because of this when I put the tank back in the corner with the snapped piece is able to lift up to some degree. I assume the piece snapped because of the motor jam, or the motor jam is happening because part of the tank is able to lift up.

I am currently doing a test print using Durable and had no issues so far. It’s also worth noting that the parts I tried printing had good supports and I’ve printed exact same parts using Flexible with no issues.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it definitely the tank that’s the problem? Is there a way to keep using it despite one of the locking pieces having snapped off?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

The broken tank foot could be causing issue here, and our support team is going to be best suited to identify what caused it to break in the first place and work towards fixing the motors jammed error. A member of our team will be in touch with you over email to help with troubleshooting.

Hi Frew, much appreciated thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.