Loud clicking sound and check mixer error

Hello,

I am trying to start my first print, the print loads into the printer and gets to “filling tank”. The laser moves all the way to the left, and the tank gets pushed up and locked in. Then it makes a really loud “CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK” sound and an error message pops up telling me to push the mixer all the way to the left.

As far as I can tell the mixer is properly positioned: it arms are facing left and clicked into the little notched on the tank. It seems to have locked onto the magnets.

The sound is like a CNC hitting the ends of it’s rails, but the LPU seems to be able to move back and forth freely.

I am having the exact same problem. It really started happening after the most recent software update. Not sure what it’s causing the clicking sound and its not affecting my prints. It doesn’t happen all the time, only 3 or 4 times during a 24 hour print cycle. I would like to know what is causing this clicking sound and how to avoid it.

I think it’s a similar, but different issue: mine would not print at all and the clicking noise was constant and during the priming phase. I contacted support and as soon as they replied asking for a video or recording the problem went away, and has not come back in about 5 months.

That sort of clicking noise is likely a servo hitting the end of it’s track. Probably the one moving the light processing unit around. It should not damage anything (based on experience with zeroing CNC routers, I don’t know for sure with the form) but it is annoying and should not be happening. If you can get a video, send it to support so they can get a better idea what is going on.

I just encountered this for the first time today. I aborted the run and attempted to restart a print several times. Each time during initializing & filling, it would click when trying to pickup the mixer.

I presume there is a mechanism inside the LPU which rotates to engage the magnets on the mixing arm and this is clicking for some reason.

I power cycled my machine and it seemed to work now…hopefully will continue to work for the duration of my next print.