Issues casting prints

Hi @katkramer. If you want you can send me a pvt message for info about shipping cost of BC to usa :wink:

If anyone’s interested, I’ve created a page on my website that I use for reference while I’m casting. I had gotten the number of specific gravity of the Castable v2 (1.18) from the Forum, and made a chart, which I posted somewhere up here. However, tonight I made a calculator on the page that you can enter the weight of the castable resin, choose the type of metal, and enter the amount of extra percentage of metal you’d like, and it will tell you the weight of the metal.

The specific gravity chart I used is up there, too…I had gathered the information from sources such as Stüller and Rio Grande.

If anyone has any corrections, please feel free to message me. I’ll be working on another calculator for RTV (so there’s not so much waste) and a flask calculator for both Plasticast and Satincast. I ALWAYS end up with extra investment mixed, so I’m going to make my own calculations. Hopefully these are helpful to others.

@3d_Garage, if you have the specific gravity information on BlueCast, I can add an option for that as well.

Click on the image to go to the page. It’s not 100% responsive and mobile-friendly, but it works well enough to access on my phone. I’m using Squarespace, and it’s not letting me adjust column widths in embedded HTML/CSS/Javascript.

1 Like

Hi @katkramer. The specific gravity of BlueCast is equivalent to 1.09

uhh this is good

once upon a time i was dreaming about such casting result
:smile:

1 Like

Oh yes…you’ve been working toward that for awhile! @PeterG, how are your casting results these days?

haha yes,
I am on the way of learning casting based on dental knowledge.
outsource castings now are better with that strong post-curing process. Thanks for asking,
Still receive % of porosity in some places, but filing takes it out quickly.
But my pieces are not good as here. In this thread casting is just perfect.
Just clean. :slight_smile: