Form1 backers from Australia

I just received mine in Brisbane today. Finished my first print a couple of minutes ago.

@Justin do you mind saying how much it cost to clear customs. For me it is $433AUD, which seems a bit steep. Then again I haven’t had to deal with customs/duty since buying an archos av420 back in 2004, which cost $650 and had a duty of $80, I gather the sub $1000 threshold didn’t exist back then. Where about’s in brissy are you? I’m in the south, Mt Gravatt. @matthew DHL contacted me yesterday with an invoice. The package arrived in Brisbane customs Sunday, so 2 days to get processed if that is any guide. @those waiting. It took 4 days from first shipping notice to arrival in Aus. Very quick, especially since I though it would take weeks. There were no additional forms to fill in as DHL did that.

@Thurstan no problem.  Mine was $440.56AUD, the breakdown is Duty $7.97, GST $355.39, Aus Gov Charges $55.20, Disbursement fee $20.00.  The difference is probably just the currency fluctuation between when mine was invoiced and yours was invoiced.  They released it immediately after payment and it was delivered the next day.  I’m in Keperra.

@Thurstan Mine officially hit Perth Customs on 10.32am Sunday although it would have landed Saturday. I still have not been contacted by DHL regards payments of taxes etc and according to them (I have already bugged them) I won’t hear from them until I see an update on their web site indicating an invoice has been raised which has not happened. Pretty frustrating when you read in other posts that they can get a Form1 delivered to your door from Formlabs to Vienna in less 48 hours. Go Australia…

@Justin - Thanks for the price & breakdown.  Actually it looks as though the difference is I’m not paying any duty.  They must have listed yours with a different import code.

@Justin does the $1000 thresh hold apply? I paid $407 Gst which is more than you?? I would have gathered they would be the same? Im in Perth not far from Matt, I have just paid Customs and should get the printer by Mon 25-11.

Cheers Ant

@Anthony.  Since the printer is well over $1000 you have to pay GST and other processing charges.

If you paid $407 in just GST rather then total (which includes a $55 Aus Gov Charge) then your printer may well have been classified as a different HTS# type.  Mine docket classes it as a ‘Printer’ HTS# 8443.32.10 .  Certain good have higher taxes or additional duty charges.

Hi Thurstan,

I find it rather off putting that we have a 1k free thresh hold yet have to pay the full amount when over the 1k? is that correct? I paid the $407 and then the $55 plus disbursement fee for a total of $481 approx. Never the less I finally have the damn thing arriving in the next 3 days…now I have to think of something to model to test it LOL…hmmmm fractals might be the go :slight_smile: thanks for your input Thurstan.

@Anthony - All good.

From what I understand:

under $1k = nothing

over $1k = extra GST, DUTY etc. everything thrown at you.

You may be intersteed in this 3D fractal process http://www.instructables.com/id/Create-a-3D-printed-3D-fractal/

Rotten mongrels!!! how the hell can they justify that? thats bullshit isnt it? up to 1k should be free…not slugged for the whole lot over 1k, thats robbery. I will check it out at length over the weekend…

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh that looks cool mate!!! might have to have a Captain at that! Thanks again!

Ok chaps, Formlab unpacked and printing…wish me luck.

Cheers Ant

Good to see some machines landing in OZ. We just got ours and so far I am impressed. Wrote up a bit of a review on my blog.

http://www.cplicious.com/2013/12/form1-3d-printer-review/

Feel free to post some images of what you’ve been printing. The part above is the first thing I printed.

Only after requesting a shipping update yesterday, I received more bad news that my printer would be delayed for a further 4-6 WEEKS! It’s been over 8 months since my order was placed and I’m told that I’ll have to wait yet again. I’m so excited finally get my hands on my own form 1 but I’ve only only been disappointed with Formlabs.

I hope everyone’s experience has been more favourable but I’m sure I’m not the only one. Who else is yet too receive their Form 1?

Cheers,

Andrew

Is there anyone here in Australia that has a Form 1 that they want to sell. If there is could you contact me by email: nsalib@bigpond.net.dot.au

Thanks hope to hear from someone soon, I won’t hold my breath though!

Sorry wrong email address! … If there is a Form 1 for sale in Australia please email nsalib@bigpond.net.au