Form Cure low light

Hi Everybody!

I turned on my brand new Form Cure today. And what I saw:

And a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwaxnUg_Fw&feature=youtu.be

Is that normal, or… ? The heating is OK.

My Form Cure made in July, 2019.

This is an another Form Cure (about 1,5 - 2 years old):

The light is much stronger.

It is possible, that my Form Cure is a newer version with better insulation, darker cover? (The trader said me that).

Thank you in advance for the reply.

Hey @Gabors!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post! This was a new one for me, so I had to ask around a bit!

Basically what’s going on is that there’s a coating applied to the inside of the Form Cure’s clear window. The thickness of this coating is a little variable which is why there can be some differences in how the Cures look.

That being said, the actual performance of the units should all be identical, it just might look a little different from the outside.

Hope that was helpful! I learned something myself!

1 Like

When my Form Cure is working it looks like the top photo, perhaps even a little darker. It definately works, though. Takes quite a while to warm up. I tend to start the form cure at the same time I start my form wash, that way the cure is at operating temperature around the same time the wash cycle is done.

So it looks like this operation is normal. What is the warm up time to 80 °C ? My machine prepares about 40 minutes until it reaches 80 degrees.

Off the top of my head I don’t recall what temperature I have the cure set at. Whatever is default. I thought perhaps it was 60c?

It takes somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes to warm up in my office, which varies from around 16c to 25c, depending on the weather.

It depends on the material. Several of the dental & engineering resins want 80c, but most of the general purpose resins are 60c. It does take a while to get up to 80.

There’s a nice calculator on this page.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.