Form 3 "Disconnected From Printer, Trying to Reconnect" Error in PreForm

I’ve had a Form 3 for about a year now, and I have had no issues whatsoever. I’ve sent prints via wifi using PreForm with the print starting a few minutes later.

Today, I am unable to send files from PreForm to the Form 3. I have not changed my computer, wifi, or the printer location. I updated PreForm to the latest version, updated the printer, unplugged the printer, rebooted the printer, disconnected and reconnected the wifi from both the printer and my computer, yet nothing works.

The weird thing is that the printer is actually “seeing” the job, starts uploading, and then disconnects DURING the upload - so there IS communication between the two. It seems like the transfer speed has somehow gotten A LOT slower because even after 30-40 minutes, the upload is only at like 50%.

I’ve read through a lot of the forum posts, and I see that some people have had issues with their wifi connection, but it seems odd that suddenly it stops working after not having issues previously.

Any help would be appreciated!

I would check a Speedtest on your network and also maybe reboot your router maybe something got messed up there and then try sending it again

Hi @josephwillis,

Thanks for getting in touch! Based on the symptoms you described, it does seem possible for the issue to be on the network side rather than specific to the printer. With that said, if the issue persists, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team for further assistance.