Latest Preform 2.11.3 problems

Hi All -
Just updated to the latest Preform and now it seems that uploading through wifi is taking forever. Anyone else seeing this problem? Used to be with a large print I could sit and wait for the upload, then start the printer, now I have to walk away and come back quite a bit later.

Any way to go back to a previous version of Preform?

Ken

In 2.11.3, we added the new Dental Model material but didn’t make any changes to the networking infrastructure. If you’re noticing differences in file uploads, it could be local to your network or something might have changed with the printer. Power cycling the printer and restarting PreForm is always a great troubleshooting step but if this persists, I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team so that we can help to troubleshoot further.

I had this problem with a prior release of PreForm. Many months ago after an upgrade, sending prints took upwards of 30+ mins. IIRC I did a clean install of PreForm by deleting all files under program files and under C:\Users<user name>\AppData\Local\Formlabs

After that it worked perfectly again. I never figured out what exactly the issue was.

1 Like

For reference, here is the old thread on this topic.

Hey thanks for the advice, will try that.

Ok, so I wiped all traces of Preform and did an install from scratch. Didn’t help at all, still slow as a snail. Any other things I can try? This used to be so fast but now I’m waiting forever.

If this might be a network problem (my download speed is 94.5 mbps and upload is 11.8) can I just disconnect from wifi and use a straight ethernet or computer to printer connection via usb?

Can someone give me the steps to take to do this? My computer is only 5 feet from the printer.

Ken

Our support team is going to be best suited to help troubleshoot but using an Ethernet connection is always a great thing to try if you’re able. Connect the printer to your router via an Ethernet cable and then the printer will show up in PreForm as usual. This is how we have many of the printers at HQ connected as it does tend to be a bit quicker.

I changed from wifi to usb direct to my computer and the upload speed is great. I will next test ethernet as I know that with usb, I will lose my remote monitoring.

One solution might be to use USB and WiFi for the printer. USB will be prioritized for file uploads and help to speed things up while keeping the printer networked on WiFi will give you remote monitoring and Dashboard capabilities. That should avoid the need to setup Ethernet and it’s difficult to beat USB as far as upload speed goes.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.