Form 2 Aftermarket Laser Replacement FOUND!

Looks like dirty mirrors or bad laser.
if this started happening very suddenly its probably a bad laser.
It started happening to me when I paused a print for 20ish hours, I think the laser is placed in some kind of standby mode while still getting current through it and it burned out.
you can replace the laser if you want for around 100 bucks. people have discussed how to do it in previous comments. I would try cleaning the mirrors first

1 Like

Hi @davidreycuenta,

I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team if you have not done so yet. There may be some cleaning steps you could take to improve your printerā€™s performance as @feb46 mentioned, and our Support team can point you in the right direction.

Feb46@cornell.edu

G3 and G8 lenses are similar in terms of focal length but the G3ā€™s diameter is too small and it (therefore) passes less power than the G8. The G2 lens is a very short focal length lens and it is aspherical, not what the Form 2 needs.

The exact fit would be a diode laser 405nm 250mW 140Āµm spotsizeā€¦ This one: High Precision 3D Printing Laser 405nm 250mW Dot Laser Module Spot

We have replaced the laser diode of two Form 2 devices following the guidelines described by feb46, and everything works perfectly for us. We use our Form 2 for printing small figurines. There is a very small deviation in one Form 2 , but this deviation is acceptable to us. Thanks for sharing your experiences. This is our website. 3D-Studio.be

Is that module actually just a match youve found or is that one youve installed and working?

1 Like

Hereā€™s a link to the module needed to do this.

Hereā€™s a link to the lens that works with it.

1 Like

NEW LINK

1 Like

WARNUNG:
Kaufen Sie nicht die Ersatz-Lasermodule von Cililaser,
Der Grund: Schon nach 200 Stunden Betriebszeit brannte der Laser durch !!!
Frechheit, das bei einem vƶllig Ć¼berzogenen Preis von USD332.- !!!
Gute Erfahrungen habe ich mit den Modulen von DTRLASERSHOP gemacht.
Zumal hier Belastbarkeit 700 mA bei 250 mA Betrieb.
Und ein sehr fairer Preis!

2 Likes

Hey, I was wondering why did you choose the laser without driver?
because right now the dtr is out of the laser you used but the one with drivers is available