Form 1 / 1+ / 2 3rd Party Resin Settings Master List

For anyone, who wants pure BBOT(aka UV Blocker), to make their own recipe,
I could provide 5grams(good for 30L) for 20USD(incl. local shipping).
Limit one order/person,No bulk orders and no returns please.
I could also send a pre-mixed vial in an acrylic monomer
for small addl. cost. I am providing it,just to help more people experiment to come up
with a better resin recipe/formulation(mostly for their EOLd Form1+ printers).

2 Likes

Well, if it claims to speed up, then is should be photoinitiatior, not UV blocker
 I think
:thinking:

Any luck with the slow cure Bucktown? This 3dresyn has quite a steep price too, though it appears to be good materials. I have once seen a resin printed part that you could bend, almost fold, and wouldn’t break or have stress marks. That was a 3DSystems resin called Accura Extreme (or something like that) and it was impressive. This 3dresyn claim something similar. However for general models this has no point.

Hello,

I have some problem with daylight resin grey.
After 2-3min of printing model fall down. Not stiking to bed.
Any suggest?

BR

I suppose that with DayLight you mean the Photocentric resin for Laser printers. They are known to overcure, so I suppose it is not a problem of profile. If that was the case ( I guess you are using the Grey profile) using the Black resin settings should give an improvement.

However the first thing I would try is to give a very good clean to the platform, with IPA, than with the scraper, then IPA again and dry clean tissue. Then you can try lowering the Z by 100 um.
In 2 or 3 minutes of printing the shrinkage should not have such effect to cause detachment.

Anyway, in such short time the print is still all submerged in resin, how do you notice it falls off this quickly?

I wonder if that tuning resin would work with Solarez resins?

They do make a resin called 3D Printing Resin http://solarez.com/3-d-printing/
Just never heard of

However the price is hardly competitive against Bucktown, at ~$100 (or ÂŁ100 here in UK)

Has anyone tried the MakerJuice SF for the Form 1/+/2 - 3D Printing Resin? If so how did it turn out?

The Maker Juice resins were actually OK for small parts but they ate up the PDMS quickly and the resin etched/attacked the resin tray.

Good news from 3Dresyns:

They are sending me a sample to check out (shipping Monday) so I’ll report back asap.

2 Likes

Same for me. They specifically reached out and offered it. Really liking these guys
 Monday will be the big day!

Just a heads up
 I am still going buck for Bucktown over here. Here are some recent prints, if the detail looks bad its probably from the STL (all generic thingiverse things).

2 Likes

Just got an email from 3dresyns. Looks like they are shipping today.

They are sending the materials I ordered without any photo initiator or blocker so I can tune things in. From there we will be able to order resin with our specific amounts of initiator/blocker.

I ordered both types of initiators thinking that type 2 might be a good option for some (it reacts more with visible light). Type 2 should be better for post cure without a cure box.

3 Likes

Great stuff FredB!
However at around €130/liter + shipping it is not much more convenient than the original FL and much more expensive than the Bucktown, even including tax and shipping.

Having said that, if their more special purpose resin (ultra tough, temp, etc
) deliver what they say, then those come in cheap and the variety is humbling! Maybe larger orders can shave off a few euros

1 Like

I will be trying the UV blocker in the Bucktown resin. That’s where things get cheaper. Bucktown doesn’t work “as is” and requires a uv blocker or a ton of pigment.

Their standard resins aren’t really all that interesting to me either but I seem to remember the guys in Europe pay more than we do for Formlabs resins.

Some of the specialty resins are very interesting with several options not offered by Formlabs. Metals for instance.

EDIT: The standard and flex resins are 70 E without the additives. The additives should treat over 6L of resin so we’ll see. if you don’t need blocker that adds about 6 E per L of resin. (plus shipping etc.) We’ll see how much it actually takes when the materials arrive.

Maybe I’m dumb, but I can’t find any 3DResyn at €70/liter.
In UK the official FL standard resin is £147 per bottle for the average user
 Pretty steep

However now that you make me realize, getting 2 or 3 bottles from 3DResyn and tweaking them with the FT2 and LB to fit my different printers might just work cheaper overall!!!

1 Like

@FredB Hey Fred, Just so you know, Bucktown has what they call a “reducer” available to mix with their standard resins. It is not photosensitive in itself (I tried), but Bucktown gave me a ratio chart to use. If that Blocker is all you are looking for, than just hit them up!

https://www.3dresyns.com/collections/ultra-hard-and-tough-uht-basic-colors/products/3dresyn-uht-basic-colors-synthetic?variant=29554565057

Try here and un check the additive and add your printer. There are several under general properties that are 70 once you uncheck the additive. Best of all, you can pick a color (you mix the pigment yourself)

1 Like

Thank you for proving the point
 :confounded:

1 Like

Their site isn’t always easy to follow.

2 Likes

And, Fedex delivered my stuff to a local business. This should be interesting.

1 Like