Firmware update Form Wash and Cure over USB stick?

My Form Wash and Cure are out of reach of an USB connection, ethernet is available, however is it possible to perform the firmware update using an usb stick of over wifi? That would be really helpful.

Unfortunately the only way to update firmware on Wash/Cure is by connecting it via USB to a computer where you have downloaded the latest PreForm installer. If you have a laptop and a short USB cable you can just bring the laptop next to your Wash/Cure though…
More details are here: https://support.formlabs.com/s/article/Updating-Form-Wash-and-Form-Cure-Firmware

That’s really unfortunate, and something that should considered for future updates, I don’t think I’m the only one that has this device in another place because of the IPA evaporation. I am able to connect it to a network though, perhaps is it an option to develop a WiFi USB dongle to connect both the Wash and the Cure to the internet? I’ve tried a Printer USB server and that didn’t work. Any other suggestions?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.