Failed print due to cupping blowout

I printed a model last night that was a success. I then printed the exact same model this morning, and it failed. It has the cupping blowout.
Any ideas on how i can fix this? I thickened the walls on this hollow model. PreForm says its good to print. When i drag through the slices, I dont see any weird islands.
Im nervous moving forward, because resin is expensive, and I thought I had solved the issue, considering the last print was a total success.

Hi @slewiscurious,

Thanks for reaching out, and I’m sorry to hear about your cupping issue! When there is a suction cup on a part, it does not necessarily mean that it will fail but it will definitely add additional strain and pressure on the part during the print. We have this troubleshooting guide to go over the common troubleshooting steps to help lead to a more consistent success rate with your part.

If you are still experiencing issues after trying these out, please contact our Support Team so that we can have an agent work with you on getting this file set up for success. Best of luck!

Corey,

Thanks, yeah there is more to it than that. I will reach out to the support team.

As far as the forums go. Is it possible to get my username changed? That was an old business name. I have not been on the forums in about 2 years.
Id like to change it to slewiscurious

Thanks!
Steve L

Slewis_email_sig.png

STEVE LEWIS CREATIVE DIRECTOR

SLEWISCURIOUS.COM 512.934.0555

Hey @slewiscurious,

I have gone ahead and updated your username for you! I am sure that the Support Team will be able to help you get that model oriented in a way that will reduce the chance of cupping leading to print failures. Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Awesome thank you. Yes, they were recommending full rafts as well. They have sent back a file for me to try. Thanks again! I feel up to date.

1 Like

Hey @slewiscurious,

Glad to hear it!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.